Commonly Asked Motorcycle Accident Questions
Ehline Law Firm PC focuses on protecting the rights of motorcycle accident victims and when the rider suffering harm cannot meet in our office we can visit their hospital room, home or other location to provide legal representation. We are able to provide the unique legal representation because we are riders and are committed to provide top-notch representation through every step of the legal process. We offer a free consultation and work on a contingency basis to ensure there are no upfront legal fees and our motorcycle accident lawyers will collect their legal fees when you have been financially compensated by the at-fault party.
Another way we help motorcyclists is by promoting motorcycle safety and we understand the unique challenges that can occur while holding the negligent party responsible in a motorcycle accident case. Riders who have suffered harm in a crash often have questions about the legal process and how they will obtain compensation for their injuries and other damages. We are providing the most frequently asked questions in an effort to educate motorcyclists when a claim is filed.
- Who is Ehline Law Firm PC?
- What is the difference between Ehline Law Firm PC and other attorneys?
- When do I pay for legal fees for the legal representation I am provided?
- What should I do if I am injured in a bike crash?
- Does every state require wearing helmets by law?
- Do I need a motorcycle accident attorney if I have insurance?
- Is it necessary to have insurance?
- Is it important to have a motorcycle accident lawyer if I wasn’t seriously injured?
- What should I expect if a speeding violation was involved during the crash?
- What kind of compensation should I expect?
- Are motorcycle laws different in each state?
- If I had a motorcycle crash in another state do I need to hire a lawyer from that state?
Who is Ehline Law Firm PC?
Ehline Law Firm PC represents motorcycle accident clients in Southern California and are ready to assist you in your motorcycle accident case. Our law firm has the resources and the experience to handle all types of motorcycle crash claims for the victim and their family. We are skilled negotiators and aggressive trial lawyers protecting the rights of our clients to recover maximum compensation on their behalf.
What is the difference between Ehline Law Firm PC and other attorneys?
Ehline Law Firm PC specializes in motorcycle accidents to protect the victims’ rights to recover compensation for injuries and damages. We are riders as well as legal experts, providing our lawyers with an insight not all attorneys have, that permits us to understand the special circumstances involved. Not all legal specialists are educated in motorcycle type mishaps or educated about the harm that can be caused even in slow speed crashes. This puts the individual who suffered harm at risk recovering a lower compensation amount unless they get a dead ringer. Breaking distance, roadway condition and other factors can play an important role in a crash that only an experienced motorcycle attorney would be aware of the relevancy. Because we work with scientists and engineers who do this as part of their job, we have become educated.
When do I pay for legal fees for the legal representation I am provided?
Ehline Law Firm works on a contingency basis, which means we do not recover legal fees until your case is settled. Most of the other costs may also be able to be deferred until there is a settlement or compensation awarded by the court in your case. It is also possible to defer medical treatment payment until your case is settled. We are committed to obtaining justice when negligence caused your crash to recover the compensation you are entitled to recover.
What should I do if I am injured in a bike crash?
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle crash it is essential to seek medical treatment, even if you believe you have not been seriously injured. All injuries are not immediately apparent and can worsen over hours or days. After seeking medical treatment you should call the motorcycle accident lawyers toll-free at 888-400-9721 to evaluate your claim. We offer a free consultation and if you cannot meet in our offices we can come to the hospital or your home.
Does every state require wearing helmets by law?
Most of the states do require motorcyclists and their passengers to wear helmets, though in some states riders are only required to wear a helmet up to a certain age.
Do I need a motorcycle accident attorney if I have insurance?
It is important to consult an attorney after a motorcycle accident, even with everyone involved in the crash having insurance. Insurance companies want to make a profit like other businesses and filing a claim without legal representation can result in the claim being denied or recovering a lower amount of compensation than you actually deserve. The experienced motorcycle crash lawyer can ensure you obtain the compensation settlement you are entitled to from the liable insurer.
- Is it necessary to have insurance? – Nationwide most states require motorists and motorcyclists to carry at least liability insurance coverage to protect the victims of accidents and damages caused. Liability insurance will cover compensation for injuries and property damages. In some cases it may cover the legal fees that can be incurred if an accident claim is filed. It is important to add uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage to the liability or full coverage insurance policy to ensure as a rider you are compensated if you are involved in a collision with a driver who does not have enough insurance coverage, has no insurance coverage or a hit and run crash.
Is it important to have a motorcycle accident lawyer if I wasn’t seriously injured?
It may not be necessary to have legal representation, but it is advisable to consult an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. Seeking medical treatment even if you feel you have not been seriously injured is essential, since not all injuries are immediately apparent. Some injuries can take hours, days or weeks to appear and it is important to have a medical evaluation for this reason. An accomplished attorney can assist in deciding the appropriate legal avenue for your case.
What should I expect if a speeding violation was involved during the crash?
The law firm focuses mainly on the personal injuries and damages in motorcycle accidents, though we do take pride in offering the best legal representation to recover compensation on behalf of the victim. We understand in some cases in may be necessary to violate traffic laws to attempt avoiding a collision, such as having to accelerate quickly or maneuvering in a manner that may be considered reckless. In many cases even though there has been a violation of traffic laws it is possible to recover compensation. Consult one of our motorcycle accident attorneys to discuss your case and the citation or traffic law violation.
What kind of compensation should I expect?
Every motorcycle crash is different with different circumstances and evidence making it difficult to list a dollar amount without one of our lawyers evaluating your case. There are some common type of compensation generally recovered in motorcycle accidents including:
- Medical expenses
- Loss wages
- Future loss of income
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
- In some cases punitive damages
When the motorcycle crash involves wrongful death the family may recover compensation for:
- Funeral expenses
- Burial costs
- Medical expenses related to the crash prior to death
- Economic losses
- Non-economic losses
Are motorcycle laws different in each state?
Motorcycle accident laws do vary from state to state and the seasoned motorcycle accident lawyers at Ehline Law Firm PC can assist with information for specific states or locations.
- If I had a motorcycle crash in another state do I need to hire a lawyer from that state? – If you had a crash in another state it is important to consult an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in the state where the crash happened. Ehline Law Firm PC can assist with finding a lawyer who can handle your case where the accident occurred.
Consult Ehline Law Firm PC
Contact the law firm toll-free at 888-400-9721 to schedule a free consultation to have your claim evaluated by a highly skilled motorcycle accident attorney. We gently guide the victim or their family through the legal process and fight aggressively to ensure the maximum compensation is recovered for the harm and damages.