Steps To Take If In A Motorcycle Accident
After an accident the first thing that should be done is if you are injured in a motorcycle or bicycle accident seek medical attention. Whatever orders the emergency doctor or family doctor gives should be followed to ensure the best possible recovery.
When it is possible if you are not injured badly collect as much information as possible from the scene of the accident such as:
- The location of the accident.
- The names and personal information such as addresses and telephone numbers of witnesses, this should include passengers.
- The name, address and drivers license of other drivers involved in the accident, along with their vehicle registration number.
- The time and date the mishap occurred.
- The vehicle insurance companies of the drivers or vehicle owners involved in the wreck.
- What the weather was at the time of the event.
- What the conditions of the road was at the time of the accident.
- Make a list of all injuries and the severity of them, also the damages that occurred during the accident.
What You Should Not Do After A Motorcycle Crash
There are some things you should not do after an accident that can affect the amount of compensation you deserve:
- After an accident you should not make any statements about the accident including your part in any fault.
- Do t make statements to insurance adjustors, this can adversely affect any settlement amount; it is their job to pay the least amount of compensation.
- Do not repair or scrap the motorcycle after an accident, this is evidence that will be used in your case.
- Do not attempt to settle a motorcycle accident claim alone, the insurance company agents are not eager to pay the amount that is deserved in an accident claim, but rather try to pay much less to have an injured victim sign off on their claim.
To receive the amount of compensation deserved after being injured in a motorcycle accident the way to be assured you are receiving what you deserve is to seek the advice and protection of a skilled attorney.
What Edge Do We Have?
When you or a family member has been injured in a catastrophe while riding, and seek representation from the Ehline Law Firm PC offices we have the experience to represent our clients properly by using experts to reconstruct the accident, experts to determine what occurred during the accident and we care about our clients welfare. We use science to back our claims as to the damages and injuries that occurred in a way that a juror who does not have motorcycle riding experience is able to understand what occurred during the accident. This is also a way to prove to the insurance company that it is a valid claim they must pay the full amount of compensation, which the injured victim deserves to recover.
To Contact Ehline Law Firm PC
To contact attorney Michael P. Ehline, he can be reached toll free at 888-400-9721 or by e-mail at